BEST BEACH & KIDS SUN SCREEN – EWG REPORT
We’ve made the list! The EWG lists our sun care creams as one of the best for kids and the beach!
EWG guide rates us #1: The Environmental Working Group’s 2016 Guide to Sunscreens has launched! The EWG’s Skin Deep guide is the foremost online resource for rating skincare and cosmetic safety. This years report lists us as one of the best beach-sport-sunscreen and best sun screen for kids. Click here and here to see the reports!
Shop our Suncare Collection!
Sun Safety Tips & Application
- For infants under 6 months, cover up with protective clothing, tightly woven but loose-fitting, and a sun hat.
- Make shade – Use the stroller’s canopy or hood. If you can’t sit in a shady spot, use an umbrella.
- Avoid midday sun – Take walks in the early morning or late afternoon.
- Test sunscreen by applying a small amount on the inside of your child’s wrist the day before you plan to use it. If an irritation or rash develops, discontinue use.
- Slop on sunscreen and reapply it often, especially if your child is playing in the water or sweating a lot.
It is recommended to use 2mg/cm2. For an adult this would translate approximately to these measurements: face = 1/4 teaspoon; arms = 1 tsp each; torso = 2 tsp; legs 2 tsp each. (Note there are many sizes and shapes to individuals, this calculation is based on an average adult of approximately 155 lbs.)
- Layer your sun screen. Place first coat on, and let dry for a few minutes, then reapply to ensure you are properly covered.
- Reapply immediately after swimming, or rigorous activity which causes sweating.